[Ask IT Career Coach] is a Career Advice Column for Information Technology (IT) professionals looking for answers to their most challenging career, job or business situations.
I get a number of questions from computer programmers or software developers looking to change their careers to business analysis or project management.
I also receive questions about the suitability of business analysis, project management or computer programming as a career.
This question was submitted by Vijay who needs advice on “how to ace programming interviews and land the next job!“
If you need help with a Question or Challenge, be sure to ask it as a comment on this page and I will answer it fully just as I am answering Vijay’s questions below!
Question: How To Impress Hiring Manager at Programming Interviews
Here is the question submitted by Vijay:
On my last job I was given a technical test to write nested SQL queries.
I would like to help you by answering any challenging business analyst or software development career question you may have.
So, add your question as a comment to the end of this post and I will either answer you on this post or privately by email if it happens to be a sensitive question.
Here are some of the questions you can ask. You can borrow from the list of questions below or ask a more pressing career related question.
Here is a list of sample questions for Business Analysts:
1. How do I get a business analyst job?
Do you want to learn the C++ programming language or become a C/C++ computer programmer?
Have you ever asked this question? which programming language is the most complex and challenging?? and received the answer C++?
If you answered yes, you are not alone. About 13 years ago, I asked my mentors in computer programming which programming language is the hardest, toughest, most difficult to learn? and I got the same reply as you… C++.
What are the computer programming career challenges, issues and problems facing you today?It’s time to have your tough, important and difficult questions on your programming career answered.
To make myself clear, let’s go over some typical programming career questions. You may ask any of these or another more urgent and critical programmer questions.
- How do I study difficult computer programming books?
- How do I overcome the fear of programming interviews?
- How do I succeed at programmer interviews easily?
- How do I transition to becoming a contract computer programmer?
- Am I too old to become a computer programmer?
Email Me Your Questions In The Next 24 Hours And I Will Answer Them Tell Me How To Help You Succeed As A Programmer
I want to help you become a more successful computer programmer. So, email me your questions here: contact me, and I will do my best to answer them.
Perhaps, you want to know
- How to begin a career in computer programming
- How to learn a programming language
- How to become a highly skilled, in-demand computer programmer
- How to find a high paying programming job
- How to ace job interviews
- How to prepare a killer resume
- How to stay abreast of technology
- How to market your services as a computer programmer