I just received a question that has to do with age discrimination for a Java programmer and I would like to share it with you.
I would like to find an IT Career Coach in San Diego CA.
I am a certified Java Programmer, and have an academic background in applied mathematics, but I did not work with J2EE and data bases, I would like to know what type of career is available in my age 55, what additional training is necessary.
Here is my answer to this question:
This post is for my readers who have unresolved questions, concerns and problems about their programming careers.
If you want to master your programming career or become a better skilled computer programmer, tell me how I can help you succeed.
Tell me who you are now and who you want to become in your computer programming career this year.
If you’ve read my e-Book, “The Street Smart Guide To High Paying Computer Programming Careers” and the bonus e-Books that come with it, tell me what more information, topics and questions you want me to cover in the next release of the e-Book.
A few days Ago, I asked you to email me your most pressing questions on beginning your computer programming career. Read the previous post here:
I received a question from Matthew, an IT Student about how to succeed as a Visual Basic programmer and here is my reply:
- Get A Job: Matthew, the most important thing I want to tell you is to get a job as a Visual Basic programmer while you are still in college. You can work the job along with your full time studies or as an intern.
I want to help you become a more successful computer programmer. So, email me your questions here: contact me, and I will do my best to answer them.
Perhaps, you want to know
- How to begin a career in computer programming
- How to learn a programming language
- How to become a highly skilled, in-demand computer programmer
- How to find a high paying programming job
- How to ace job interviews
- How to prepare a killer resume
- How to stay abreast of technology
- How to market your services as a computer programmer