You must build your career around whatever it is that motivates you!
This could be more money (a better salary / income), prestige, visibility, power, user satisfaction, etc.
While salary is a big motivator for many professionals, it is important to consider all aspects of your career to ensure you are making the right career choices today while positioning for long-term success!
Sun Tzu in The Art of War …
- If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
- If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
- If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Do You Really Know Yourself?
What could be more important than chasing after money? Knowing yourself!
So, are you having a truly remarkable career?
Answering the 10 point test posted in this link will help you determine if you are building a boring or truly remarkable career.
Are You Leveraging Social Media (LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Twitter)?
I’m amazed at professionals who refuse to use Twitter / Facebook / Google+ / LinkedIn because of privacy, security or some other concern.
This is no longer optional. Start taking advantage of all the networking opportunities provided by Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus).
Are You Improving Your Skills?
What motivates you? Is it career growth, increased demand for your skills or even more money?
Do you realize that the more competent you are as a professional, the more opportunities / growth you will experience in your career?
Remember that a natural consequence of improving your skills is more money and that there are several convenient, affordable training opportunities for improving your career today.
Does Your Personality Really Match Your Ideal Career?
It is important to understand your personality type or what really, truly motivates you. For example;
Do you prefer to work in a team or alone? Do you work better with details or ideas?
Are you looking for a short term salary increase or the possibility of long term career advancement?
Click here to read this article on: “Why Your Personality Should Match Your Career!”
Have You Engaged AskITCareerCoach?
[Ask IT Career Coach] can help you identify your short and long-term goals or career interests and and also help determine the best jobs to fit your interests and skill sets.
You may start this quest by reading a lot of articles or by posting questions on our [Ask IT Career Coach] page to get the help you deserve!
- Become a Leader And Get The Job You Want!
- What Motivates You, More Money?
- Develop Your Personal Brand And Become a Leader!
- How To Make Better Decisions Faster
- How The Starving Artist Achieves Career Success Using Social Media
- Discover Your Strengths Like Michael Jackson
- Let Your Personal Creativity Run Wild!
- Discover Your Inner Hero
- Personal Branding for the IT Professional
- NFL Stifling Social Media?
- When Life Throws You a Curve Ball, Throw it Back!
- How To Promote Your Career Using Social Media
- 12 Reasons Why Blogging Is Good for Your Career