I dedicate a considerable amount of time to debunking myths and half-baked truths. And one about the future prospects of software developer careers has just been ratified!
According to a survey of the best and worst jobs in the United States, Software Engineers will have the best jobs in 2011.
For this survey, 200 professions were analyzed based on their pay, environment, hiring outlook, stress and physical demands using data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Census Bureau and trade association studies.
According to this survey, the high-demand for Software engineering jobs is fueled by the desire for high-tech gadgets, iPods, tablets and other devices.
Software Developers Have The Best Careers
The survey agrees with what I have been saying on this website: which is that web programmers or software developers are in high-demand because of the demand for technology and internet products or services.
Here are two our of several articles on future prospects for software developers / computer programmers:
I Like Debunking Myths
I have been debunking myths about software developer careers including the following:
- Outsourcing Is Reducing Software Developer Jobs – Click here to read my rebuttal titled: “How Outsourcing Affects Tech Jobs”
- A College Degree Is Required For A Software Developer Career – Click here to read my rebuttal titled: “Is A College Degree Required For A Degree In Computer Programming?”
- Age Is A Barrier To Becoming A Computer Programmer – Click here to read my rebuttal titled: “It Is Never Too Old To Become A Computer Programmer”
- Computer Programming Is Hard To Study – Click here to read my views on: “Why Computer Programing Books Are Not Hard To Study”
- Software Development Is An Unrewarding Career – Read how I debunked this myth here: Six Figure Salary With Two (2) Years Of Computer Programming Experience
I’m not just interested in debunking myths about computer programmers. I’m also rebutting half-truths or misconceptions about business analysis, databases, project management and other careers in Information Technology.
In my opinion, too many smart people have wasted their lives or taking long, expensive detours because they accepted a half-truth, lie or misconception about their career!
I hate mental limitations because the worst prison is that which exists in one’s mind!
So, work with me as I help you identify or remove self-imposed limitations. Have an Awesome Year!