FREE Coaching on How To Make A Career Change

Part 1 of 6 in the Series: How To Change Careers
Coaching on How To Change your Career
Coaching on How To Change your Career

Some of you have been asking about “how to choose the right career” or “how you can make a career change“.

You are searching for specific, practical step by step instructions for transitioning or making career changes.

The answer to this question is important to you because you spend the majority of your waking time at work.

So you understand that this question determines how happy or successful you will be for several years or until your next career change ūüôā

With that in mind, I am devoting this series of FREE workbooks, study guides, career coaching, practical advice or instructions to answering your questions on how to choose or change careers.

How To Make A Career Change

Let me start by saying that you are going to consider changing your career at least once in your lifetime!

Gone are the days when you worked at one job, employer or career for your lifetime. The reality is that employers will probably not think highly of your skills if you stay at one place for too long!

This is true especially in the Information Technology (IT) industry, where your career diversity works for you and not against you!

So, it is okay to change careers, because you will benefit from gaining a broader perspective or a wider range of skills and your employer will view you as a more resourceful, capable cross-functional knowldege worker.

That being said, changing careers is still not easy. You could get lost in the transition or waste a lot of time chasing rabbit trails of certifications or college degrees only to discover that the trail leads to the door of hands-on experience or skills.

That is why this series is devoted to helping you make a successful career transition. By participating in this online career changers discussion group, you will receive answers to burning career transition questions such as:

• Should I change my career or stick to the one I have always known?
  • How do I choose the right career?
  • Will I be able to successfully transition my career?
  • Is it wise for me to start from scratch in a new career?
  • Am I too old or is it to late for me to change my career?
  • Is this the right time for me to change careers?
  • How should I learn the skills, duties or roles required of me in a new career?

The answers you are getting are based on my career coaching book:The Blueprint, The Roadmap To Career Success

Some of this FREE information will answer whether business analysis, software development, project management, quality assurance or any other career is right for you.

Some of my practical advice will be in the form of Question & Answer (Q&A) discussions on this page.

And some step by step instructions will be downloadable as FREE Coaching Workbooks or Study Guides!

The First coaching guide in this series is titled: “Why We Change Careers“. It is the first in a series of workbooks with activities, discussions and free coaching on “How To Change Careers”.

I encourage you to download and read the free coaching guide and participate in all the activities contained both in the workbook and forthcoming series.

Note: Do not miss any of the activities, workbooks or articles in this series or you will be unable to benefit from this free coaching series.

Download the FREE Report below on How To Make A Career Change. It contains coaching information, workbooks and practical tips on transitioning your career!

13 Responses to "FREE Coaching on How To Make A Career Change"

1. Shumaila Khan   April 26, 2011 at 5:29 am

I was sqa and have an experience almost 4 years and now i want to change my career from sqa to some other computer field in which i can do my work as freelancer

• IT Career Coach   May 6, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Follow this advice to change your career from Software Quality Assurance (SQA) …

• Discover Your Passion

Figure out what you love. You have worked as a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) for 4 years.

Now, you need to stay where you are until you figure out what you really want to do with your life and then change your career to that.

what matters most to you in your new career: the pay / salary, opportunities for growth, intellectual fulfillment, etc?

• Do What You Love

After you figure out what you love, change your career to that industry or field and then work hard to be the very best at that industry!

If you are not interested in becoming the best in your new career, then you are not ready to make a career transition!

• Take Your Passion To Market

You have figured what you want to do with your life and you have worked hard to become the best in your industry … next, take your passion to market!

Taking your passion to market means marketing your career using blogging, branding and your resume … until other people recognize that you are skilled enough to make a contribution to your industry!

Click here to read more about 6 Principles that can transform your work or career!

2. SKC   November 30, 2010 at 12:41 am

Retired California Registered Civil Engineer.

I want to work in IT, I have knowledge in RDMS, but I have no job experience in this area.

What are my possibilities to get an entry level job in this field?

Thanks.

• IT Career Coach   November 30, 2010 at 7:15 am

The possibilities for an entry-level Database Development job are good because you do not have the type of barriers that you find with other careers.

#1: You can transition into an IT job even though you have never worked in IT

#2: You can transition into IT regardless of your age, sex or ethniciy

#3 You can transition into an IT job regardless of your college degree or lack of it

#4 You can transition into an IT job even though you don’t have previous industry experience

#5 You can transition into IT even though people say that jobs are scarce in other industries because they are not scarce in IT

#6 You can transition into IT without having to spend tens of thousands of dollars like you will find with other professional careers

#7 You can transition into IT without investing years in the Industry which is the case with other professional careers

#8 You can get an IT Job without first getting some sort of certifications or credentials. IT is largely a credentialess industry

You have to take the steps to learn database design and then while you are doing that, find some way of getting hands-on database development experience.

Click here for more information on the process of learning database development

3. Pravesh   September 6, 2010 at 3:14 am

Hi,

I am a Post graduate in commerce and right now I am working as an Admin but I am getting frustrated with my current job and no more want to continue with same profile.

Please let me know what kind of course or chareer I have to choose so I can get the perfect line for growth in career.

where I can use my skill and caliber.

• IT Career Coach   September 14, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Download the FREE Report linked to on this page for a more detailed guide on “How To Choose A Career That Fits You”.

Here is an outline of what you n eed to know or do:

1. Discover your competencies: what you are ok at doing, what you are good at doing and what you are really exceptional at doing

2. Discover your weaknesses. What you need to stay away from doing not because you haven’t learnt it but because you really cannot do a good job even with training and hard work. For an example, I sucked at art lessons when I was a kid regardless of how hard I tried.

3. Discover what the market for your competencies are. Don;t choose an industry because your friends like or recommend it. Choose an Industry where you can trade the skills that you are exceptional at.

4. Turn your good or exceptional skills into marketable skills. For example, If you are good at writing computer games as a hobby or you enoy doing that, take a learned jump into the software industry. Don’t try to reuse the same programming languages. Instead use that as a basis to learn the programming languages that are in-demand in the current market.

4. Michel   September 4, 2010 at 11:15 am

Hi, I am a Civil Engineer and work as an acoustical consultant since before I graduate (2006).

Now I would like to change the course of my career. I am looking for opportunities in big companies and my main goal is to become a CEO one day.

I don’t know if I should look for jobs related to the technical side of these companies or if I should change to a business role.

I like finance and strategy a lot, but I know I need more knowledge on these two areas. On the other hand I don’t want to wait too long to change my carrer.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Michel

• IT Career Coach   September 4, 2010 at 7:07 pm

#MBA Looking for a CEO Job? Learn the business aspects of things. In addition to getting finance knowledge, become an expert at marketing prodcuts and services, presentations, public speaking and leading other people.

Nowadays in many companies, the CEO is also one of the savviest marketers of the company because at the end of the day, it is all about bringing in money and growing the business for them!

Consider taking an MBA to enhance your management, marketing and strategic analysis skills

5. Srinivas   September 4, 2010 at 11:11 am

HI, Right now i am working as an US Recruiter. I have more than 4+yrs of experience in US staffing, but desperately looking for career change, day by day

i am getting frustrated with my current job and no more want to continue with same profile.

Please let me know whether how BA profile will fetches me as i am purely into recruitments.

I want to learn BA course ASAP and what are the major credentials that i have to learn.

Looking for your valuable feed back.

Regards

• IT Career Coach   September 4, 2010 at 7:01 pm

#BA Starting a new business analysis career is about what you know and how well you can convey that knowledge.

Hiring managers generally look out for the following skills or indicators:

1. How much do you know about business analysis

2. How much have you done as a business analyst

3. How you can help them solve their challenges.

Think about it. As a recruiter, you don’t get professionals to send you their resume by talking about your MBA. You talk about how you can help the candidate get a job because you are an experienced recruiter with good conatcts at hiring companies.

The same way, you have to show employers that you have learnt business analysis and that you can help them solve specific the business problems facing their business …

Here is a break down of what you need to learn as a business analyst

6. Ajay   August 26, 2010 at 6:33 am

how to make carrier in IT?

• IT Career Coach   August 29, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Start a career by first choosing the best fit for you. The FREE Report on ths page tells you how to do just that!

• IT Career Coach   September 1, 2010 at 7:00 am

Start by downloading the FREE Ebook on How To Make A Career Change which is referenced on this page.

Learn your strengths and weaknesses and then align them with the opportunities in your marketplace.

The Free Report on this page explains it all …