It is generally accepted that hands-on experience is one of the more important qualifications for getting a job and that you may get handson experience through paid or unpaid internship programs.
What is surprising is that these are college graduates from prestigious colleges paying for nonpaying internship programs!
The article is titled “Unpaid Work, but They Pay for Privilege” and you can read it here:
This article mentions that;
College graduates are unable to find paying internships
College graduates are paying to get into an unpaid internship programs
Job seekers don’t have problems with finding internships. They have problems with getting accepted!
Job seekers are paying significant sums of money to get into a non-paying internship programs. For example, a job seeker may pay $9,450 for an internship program in London or as little as $5,499 for an internship in Costa Rica.
Online startups are now selling internships worth thousands of
Now the question for you is:
How far will you go to get into an unpaid or paid internship?
What do you think about online startups selling internships?
Is paying for an unpaid internship smart or is there a better way?
Will you pay for an internship?
- Can You Perform? Prove It!
- Why Can’t I Find A Job?
- Is My Resume Killing My Career?
- How To Slam Dunk Job Interviews
- Can a 55 year old female become a programmer?
- How Effective Are Resume Writers?
- How to Tap Into Magical Hiring Powers
- What’s Holding You Back From Interesting Projects At Work?
- Free E-Book On How To Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve
- Tailor your Resume for Each Job
- Free Ebook On How To Easily And Quickly Master IT Careers Skills
- How To Change your Career In 5 Easy Steps!
- College Graduates Paying for Unpaid Internships!
- Harvard Business Review: How To Get A Job Without Experience
- How To Break The Unemployment Cycle?
- Is Tunnel Vision Killing My Career?
- LinkedIn Releases Job Seeker Premium Account
- How To Handle Recruiter’s Phone Calls?
- How To Overcome Age Based Discrimination In Employment
- Why Sales / Marketing Graduates Can’t Find Jobs After College?
- Would Certifications Help My Job Search?
- How To Overcome Lack of References In Resumes or Job Interviews
- Stuck in a College Mindset After Graduation
- Why Your Personality Should Match Your Career
- 5 Proven Job Interview Tips Help You Get Hired!
- Nothing Great Was Ever Accomplished Without First Believing!