This series is devoted to those who want to learn the principles required for success in Information Technology (IT) Careers.
While the IT Industry is a goldmine for those who have learnt to navigate it, it is a maze for others trapped by myths, half-truths, outright lies and misconceptions.
Not to worry, in this series, I will uncover the myths and presents the principles required for success in every situation.
Get a Job Regardless of your Educational Qualifications
So, one principle is this: don’t let your formal education or the lack of it, stop you from pursuing your dream IT career.
For some, the thought that they have already invested so much time or money in their current career, stops them from pursuing a better, more fulfilling, rewarding career.
For others, the fact that they don’t have formal educational qualifications makes them conclude that they are unattractive to employers and helpless about their situation.
Both positions are extreme. They come from a fundamental lack of understanding of the IT job market. Folks that think like that, have no clue that the IT Industry is driven by functional skills and hands-on experience rather than formal educational qualifications!
Don’t worry about the time or money invested in your current career because it’s a sunk cost.
And don’t obsess over your lack of formal educational qualifications because that’s not the reason why you can’t get an IT job!
Remember that while one employer may not hire you for lack of formal educational qualifications, many more employers will hire you for having the right skillsets or hands-on experience!
- Are You Inspired Enough?
- #1 Success Principle: How Lack of Education Affects your Career
- 6 Principles That Transform Your Work
- #2 Success Principle: Learn How To Self Study Effectively
- How To Ace Job Interviews Using Practice Tests
- #3 Success Principle: When It Comes To Experience, Beggars Can’t Be Choosers
- #4 Success Principle: Preparation and Presentation, Key For Job Interviews
- #5 Success Principle: Always Be Learning
- #6 Success Principle: The Proof Of Your Desire Is In Your Pursuit
- The Most Important Thing on Your Resume
- Success Principle: Learn the Most Marketable Skills
- Which Courses or Certifications Guarantee A Job?
- Self Study or College, Which Is Better?
- The Secret to Success in a Nutshell
- Wearing Multiple Hats Gets The Job Done!
- Why Successful People Are Passionate About Their Jobs
- How To Jump-Start Your Career When It Stalls!
- Which Formal Credentials Are Needed For Success On Your Job?
- Principles That Help You Achieve Lasting Career Success