Why Would You Hire A Resume Writer?
Let’s look at some of the reasons why you may want to hire a resume writer:
Career Transitions: you are transitioning to a new career so you hire a resume writer to reposition your resume.
While a resume rewrite can highlight significant achievements, skills or experience, it may not provide you with the additional skills or hands-on experience required for career transitions.
Employment Gaps: you’re coming back to work after a stay-at-home period so you get your resume updated to cover-up or hide the stay at home period.
You may be able to hide gaps in employment using a resume rewriting service but that may not help you the job if your stay-at-home period made your skills obsolete.
Hands On Experience: the feedback you’re getting from interviews is that you lack sufficient hands-on experience, so you hire a resume writer to make your resume look better!
A resume rewriting service is helpful for job postings where you actually have the years of experience required.
If you don’t already have the required hands-on experience, then paying a service to rewrite your resume is a waste of your hard-earned money!
Resume Writers Are Not Miracle Workers!
This is true especially for Information Technology (IT) job postings which typically require cutting-edge skills and strong hands-on experience!
Rewriting your resume without also acquiring the required hands-on experience and sharp skills, is simply throwing good money after a bad cause! Here is what works with or without a resume rewrite:
Upgrade Your Skills, Get Strong Hands-ON Experience: Employers hire for cutting edge skills and strong hands-on experience. Your time and money will be better spent on “giving employers what they are looking for” in-addition to a resume rewrite
First Things First! If you’re looking for a Microsoft.NET Job, then first get a thorough knowledge, cutting-edge skills and strong hands-on programming experience in C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Visual Studio .NET and Microsoft .NET Framework before worrying about the state of your resume!
That means your resume won’t stand-up to that of your competition because you really don’t have the skills or experience or the insight that they poses!
Even if you’re invited for a job interview you won’t be able to support the claims on your resume with real world examples, cases or situations where you used those skills on a project!
So, getting hired for skills that you don’t poses is setting yourself up for failure because you won’t be able to perform for your employer who ends up having to fire you!
Depending on a resume rewrite to get you a job without first acquiring the required skills or hands-on experience is like asking your resume writer to perform a miracle!
The path to your dream Microsoft .NET IT Job starts with acquiring cutting-edge programming skills and hands-on programming experience.
You’re practically guaranteed an IT (Microsoft .NET) Job when you have both.
- Can You Perform? Prove It!
- Why Can’t I Find A Job?
- Is My Resume Killing My Career?
- How To Slam Dunk Job Interviews
- Can a 55 year old female become a programmer?
- How Effective Are Resume Writers?
- How to Tap Into Magical Hiring Powers
- What’s Holding You Back From Interesting Projects At Work?
- Free E-Book On How To Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve
- Tailor your Resume for Each Job
- Free Ebook On How To Easily And Quickly Master IT Careers Skills
- How To Change your Career In 5 Easy Steps!
- College Graduates Paying for Unpaid Internships!
- Harvard Business Review: How To Get A Job Without Experience
- How To Break The Unemployment Cycle?
- Is Tunnel Vision Killing My Career?
- LinkedIn Releases Job Seeker Premium Account
- How To Handle Recruiter’s Phone Calls?
- How To Overcome Age Based Discrimination In Employment
- Why Sales / Marketing Graduates Can’t Find Jobs After College?
- Would Certifications Help My Job Search?
- How To Overcome Lack of References In Resumes or Job Interviews
- Stuck in a College Mindset After Graduation
- Why Your Personality Should Match Your Career
- 5 Proven Job Interview Tips Help You Get Hired!
- Nothing Great Was Ever Accomplished Without First Believing!