It’s not news anymore. We are officially in a recession and people are being laid off everywhere. At first, it looked like the IT sector was going to come through this relatively unscathed, but that is no longer the case. Microsoft, IBM and Intel all announced job cuts this week.
In 2008, the US economy shed 1.2 million jobs. 10% of those jobs were Information Technology jobs. As of December, over 100,000 IT jobs had been lost and it doesn’t look like the situation is going to get better any time soon.
If you haven’t been laid off already, there is a real possibility that it may happen to you. It’s time to hunker down and prepare for the worst. The good news is that even in a recession, there are still jobs out there.
To offer you some hope and prepare you to be successful in the economic downturn, I will be writing a series of articles packed with tips to help you get through the current recession/depression.
These articles will help you prepare to sail right through to your next position if you’ve been laid off and prepare to not miss a beat if you do get a pink slip.
In addition, I am scouring the web to bring you the best of what’s been written about surviving the current tough economy.
Here are two great articles from Robert Scoble chock full of tips for holding on to your job and getting a new one right away if you do get laid off.
And on a more humorous note:
You’ll Learn Step-by-Step
- How to Run an Accelerated Job Search
- How to Find Unadvertised Jobs
- What Employers Want to See on Your Resume
- How to Be the Best Candidate in a Technical Interview
- Advanced Techniques that 98% of Job Searchers Don’t Know (This Means You’ll Be Ahead of the Game)
How the Coaching Works
- You Get Step By Step Video Training that Shows You How to Get Hired Fast!
- Your Resume and Cover Letter are Reviewed to Ensure They Match the Positions You’re Applying For.
- You are Coached on How To Be the Top Candidate by Selling Yourself During Your Technical Interviews.
- How To Recession Proof Your Career
- How To Keep Your Job In A Recession
- How To Beat The 2009 Recession By Improving Your Skills – Top Predictions
- Recession Proof Your Career – 7 Signs a Pink Slip is Coming
- Recession Proof Your Career – Eat Lunch With Co-Workers
- Recession Proof Your Career – How to Survive In 2009