Questions and Answers Time

It is time for you to send me the toughest or most important questions on
your mind about your career.

You can ask questions about developing your skills, taking phone or technical
interviews, preparing your resume, finding a job, getting training, coaching or
mentoring, getting real-world, hands-on experience, getting ahead or getting
promotions at work, transitioning to a new career, dealing with difficult
relationships at work, beginning your career or advancing your career to a
senior or expert level.

1. You can ask questions about your business analyst career

2. You can ask questions about your data analyst career

3. You can ask questions about your computer programmer career

4. You can ask questions about your database developer career

5. You can ask questions about your software tester career

How Can You Ask A Question?

Asking a question is simple. Just post your question as a comment using the
comment form
at the end of this post

How Will You Receive An Answer?

I will answer your question by posting a reply using the comment form at the end
of this post .If your questions is a private or sensitive question, I will email
my answer back to you.

That is all. The floor is yours, so go ahead and ask me the pressing or
important question on your mind about your career

About The Author

My name is Kingsley Tagbo and I’m a technical expert living in Saint Louis,
Missouri. I write about the training, coaching, mentoring
and personal development of software development professionals including
business analysts, computer programmers, testers, project managers, web
designers, data analysts, report writers, software developers and other
information technology professionals .

My firm, Exacticity, performs software development consulting and training for
clients throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and
New Zealand. If you are in need of software development consultants or training,
click here to get in touch with me.

8 Responses to "Sticky: Questions and Answers Time"

1. Kingsley Tagbo   February 21, 2008 at 7:28 am

Hi Aisha:

I am not sure what the problem might be. I was able to click through in both FireFox and Internet Explorer, so I can’t reproduce the problem you are having.

The post I am referring to is titled “Coaching Or Self Study” and I created on 02/21/2008. It is actually the most recent or latest post on the blog right now.

Thanks

2. Aisha   February 21, 2008 at 12:16 am

Hi Kingsley,

Thank you for taking out the time to clarify some of the murky points, but in trying to view this site which you refered me to:

It reads that “this page cant be found”, so please look into this as there might have been some typo’s along the way, and thank you for doing such a marvelous job!!!!

Cheers!
    Aisha.

3. Kingsley Tagbo   February 20, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Hi Aisha:

I wrote a blog post to answer your question. You can read it here:

1. You do not like other people breathing down your neck probably because you are the kind of person who sets goals and achieves them

2. You like to work at your pace … you are the kind of person who can plan out the activities or task you need to complete to achieve a goal

3. You love to work from home. Well, you have to be a freelance programmer and then market yourself very well to succeed at that

5. Sounds like you have some web design skills you need to develop as well as programming

6. You want to earn a six figure income. That is doable as long as you can prove yourself and stand out in the marke place

7 Sorry about the confusion. When you buy the book, you have two (2) options.

Option #1: Follow the plan laid out in the book and buy whatever technical books are recommended and then launch your professional programming career using the strategies and tactics I outlined in my book.

Option #2: Buy the book and also get the coaching program. I have already discused these two approaches here (http://www.it-career-coach.net/2008/02/20/coaching-or-self-study/)

Let me know if I can be of more service.

4. Aisha   February 20, 2008 at 7:08 am

Hi Kingsley,

I think it was no mere chance of me stumbling upon your site, as i had been trying to ask people around me how i could start a career in programming (currently have zero knowledge),but they all said the same thing, which is i need a degree as a computer scientist…..and all the nine yard myths.

I do not know which area of software development would be advisable for me to head towards if i decided to start,but stating a few of my dispositions; i hope, will help you in helping me choose it.

1.I typically do not like people breathing down my neck.
    2.I like to work at my pace.
    3.I would love to work from home
    4.I am learn better when the subject is put sequentially.
    5.I am influenced by artsy stuff accompanied by somewhat pastel colors (if that makes any sense)!!!!!
    6. I would want a job that i can earn $100,000.
    7. I am a bit confused as to how much i would be paying ($76 only), or are there somethings else to pay for along the road? I ask because i believe in being prepared for any endeavor worth going into.

Thanks,
    Aisha Ibrahim

5. Kingsley Tagbo   February 19, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Hi Majid:

How are you doing? Yes, your software developer training has been confirmed.

What question do you want to ask me anyway?

6. Majid   February 19, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Hi, I have registered for software developer coaching program, i got an email that is going to start in 7 days, Learning programming language, you have to master the foundation skills.

7. Kingsley Tagbo   February 19, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Hi:

If you have never programmed before, I suggest that you start with SQL Development or Database Development.

After that, you can go for C++, Java, PHP, C#, Visual Basic or .NET Framework

If you have tried reading books and you found programming hard to get, you are not alone.

Try something different, don’t stick with the strategy that is now working for you.

Try training or going to school. Either way, get someone else to help you.

8. Question from a Software Tester   February 19, 2008 at 8:46 am

Hi:

i have gone through your blog quite a few times and finds it interesting.

i want to become a programmer,before this i have tried learning C++,java from books but
    couldn’t get it.

right now i am working as software tester but want to be a developer so in this regard i need guidence from you as how to proceed ,,which language should i pick up and how to maintain the interest as i have failed in
    my previous attempts to learn programming but i am good in maths