One of the challenges I faced when I peeked inside my first programming book more than 15 years ago was the difficult of understanding the programming concepts taught in the textbooks I was reading. Think about it for a moment – if you walk into a store and buy a book on “how to master a programming language”, you should be able to read the book once or at most a couple of times and understand it correct?
Well, I’m afraid that’s not how it works in real life. Computer programming books are notoriously scary and difficult to read.
In my roles as a software developer coach and consultant, I come across a lot of folks who are close to giving up the ghost on their programming career because of the difficulty of understanding programming textbooks. I took this to heart some time ago and wrote an article titled “Why Are Computer Programming Books Hard to Study”.
However, this question has been coming up in my private software developer coaching sessions and I think it’s time to address it again.
HOW TO STUDY HARD-TO-UNDERSTAND OR DIFFICULT PROGRAMMING TEXTBOOKS
Software development and computer science textbooks are the primary means of learning new programming languages for beginner, intermediate or expert programmers. To become a better, confident or expert programmer in any programming language you have to read a lot of literature (books, magazines or articles) published on the programming language. What would you do then, if you can’t seem to get a grip on the textbooks written on the programming language you are learning?
1. You are unable to independently solve the exercises in your programming books
2. You always seem to be stumped whenever you try your hand at challenging programming exercises?
3. You lose confidence in yourself when you get stuck with a problem as you hear a voice in your head saying “as a good programmer, you should be able to solve this problem but you’re no good, that’s why you are failing”?
4. You seem to be able to understand programming theories and concepts but fail at solving real-world programming puzzles, challenges and exercises?
5. You are scared that the reason why you can’t seem to understand programming books is because you don’t have a technical background or your technical background is not as strong as it needs to be?
6. You are scared of technical job interviews because you’re afraid you will be found out to be an impostor?
7. Your commitment, courage and motivation towards software development wanes because of the challenges mentioned above?
8. Your tenacity and resilience at solving programming problems seems to be low and you want to build yourself up by improving your problem solving skills?
You and I both know that programming textbooks are notoriously difficult to study especially when need to master a new programming language. The good news is that there’s an answer waiting for you.
The solution is described in a downloadable book made instantly available to you when you order “The Street Smart Guide to Computer Programming Careers” titled “Effective Study Skills for Computer Programmers”.
WHAT COULD YOU ACHIEVE IF YOU COULD DIG INTO PROGRAMMING TEXTBOOKS EASILY OR SOLVE DIFFICULT PROGRAMMING PROBLEMS COMFORTABLY?
The Fastest Way To Learn Programming Guaranteed
1. For one, you will be able to study for and pass programming job interviews. You won’t be scared of failing or not sounding knowledgeable because you will actually know what you are talking about.
2. If you became competent at solving solve real-world programming challenges, your confidence level will increase and you will be able to apply for the top programming jobs knowing that you are better than other programmers applying for the positions you are interested in.
3. Your peers, managers and clients will notice your increased level of self-confidence and competence and increase their demand for your help and services.
To get started on the road to becoming a better, more confident, expert programmer, click here and order a copy of the book now and you will instantly begin to learn “how to study programming quickly and effectively” and “how to become an expert computer programmer“.